|P.O. Box 6445, Alexandria, VA 22306 | firstname.lastname@example.org | 703-627-4796
1. Club travel policies must be signed and agreed to by all athletes,
parents, coaches and other adults traveling with the club.
2. Team Managers and chaperons must be members of USA Swimming and
have successfully passed a USA Swimming-administered criminal
3. Regardless of gender, a coach shall not share a hotel room or other
sleeping arrangement with an athlete (unless the coach is the parent,
guardian, sibling, or spouse of that particular athlete).
4. When only one athlete and one coach travel to a competition, the athlete
must have his/her parents' (or legal guardian's) written permission in
advance to travel alone with the coach.
5. During team travel, when doing room checks, attending team meetings
and/or other activities, two-deep leadership and open and observable
environments should be maintained.
6. Athletes should not ride in a coach's vehicle without another adult
present who is the same gender as the athlete, unless prior parental
permission is obtained.
7. During overnight team travel, if athletes are paired with other athletes
they shall be of the same gender and should be a similar age. Where
athletes are age 13 & Over, chaperons and/or team managers would ideally
stay in nearby rooms. When athletes are 12 & Under, chaperons and/or
team managers may stay with athletes. Where chaperones/team managers
are staying in a room with athletes, they should be the same gender as the
athletes and written consent should be given by the athlete's parents (or
8. To ensure the propriety of the athletes and to protect the staff, there will
be no male athletes in female athlete's rooms and no female athletes in
male athlete's rooms.
9. A copy of the FBST Code of Conduct must be signed by the athlete and
his/her parent or legal guardian.
10. Team or LSC officials should obtain a signed Liability Release and/or
Indemnification Form for each athlete.
11. Team or LSC officials should carry a signed Medical Consent or
Authorization to Treat Form for each athlete.
12. Curfews shall be established by the team or LSC staff each day of the
13. Team Members and staff traveling with the team will attend all team
functions including meetings, practices, meals, meet sessions, etc. unless
otherwise excused or instructed by the head coach or his/her designee.
14. The directions and decisions of coaches/chaperones are final.
15. Swimmers are expected to remain with the team at all times during the
trip. Swimmers are not to leave the competition/practice venue, the hotel, a
restaurant, or any other place at which the team has gathered without the
permission/knowledge of the coach or chaperon.
16. When visiting public places such as shopping malls, movies theaters,
etc. swimmers will stay in groups of no less than three persons. 12 & Under
athletes will be accompanied by a chaperon.
17. The Head Coach or his/her designee shall make a written report of
travel policy or code of conduct violations to the appropriate club (LSC)
leadership and the parent or legal guardian of any affected minor athlete.